Exercise Institute is now a provider and fitter of BONT Cycling Shoes. Bont allows for the complete customise colour of your own shoe.
We offer heavily discounted prices and a bespoke fitting service through our resident podiatric medicine candidate Matthew Storer
Member prices are as follows:
- Vaypor S $469
- Vaypor + $439 (as available)
- Vaypor Classic (with laces) $419
- Vaypor Road $253 (as available)
THE FITTING PROCESS
We offer a premium fitting service including custom moulding, foot assessment and review for $80. A worthy investment for anyone with injury or soreness.
- initial fitting using a Branock device to get the precise length and width of the feet
- heat moulding and fitting of the shoes
- limb length and other biomechanical measurements
- video analysis
- if necessary cleat and other adjustments
The reason for the steps after shoe fitting in the fitting process, is that the shoe forms only one of the variables in the foot-shoe-pedal interface. The other variables include stack height (shoe, cleat and pedal platform height above spindle), cleat fore-aft, cleat angle and cleat wedging inward or out. All variables are directly dependent on each other, so to change one will change the others. A good example is stack height, Bont’s have a very low stack, so when changing from a different brand it may be necessary to alter the saddle height in order to keep the original height the same.